Residents of a house 17 in Castlewarren (Tiscoffin, Kilkenny)
Show all information
|Surname||Forename||Age||Sex||Relation to head||Religion|
|Loughlin||James||58||Male||Head of Family||R Catholick|
View census images
Other original census images available
- Enumerator’s abstract (Form N)
- Additional Pages: 2
- House and Building Return (Form B1)
- Additional Pages: 2, 3
- Out-Offices and Farm-Steadings Return (Form B2)
- It’s very poignant viewing signature of my great-grandfather from 1901.
- I’ve also got three ancestral signatures on an 1850 document.
- I think my great-grandfther may have filled in the whole census form, as the writing is very similar to his signature. My mother also had similar handwriting. I also learned to write in this style as a child.
- I’ve seen the ‘k’ added to Catholic in many old documents.
- Here’s a perfectly dated random example seen on the Internet:
Bishop Overall’s Convocation book MDCVI, concerning the government of God’s Catholick church, and the kingdoms of the whole world (1690)
Edward aged 11 was my grandfather, and the youngest of a family of eight. Six of whom were present at the Census taking of 1901.