Herewith is the list of prescribed texts for the Leaving Certificate Examination, 2013 As the syllabus indicates, students are required to study from this list:
1. One text on its own from the following texts: –
BINCHY, Maeve BRONTE, Emily FITZGERALD, F. Scott JOHNSTON, Jennifer KEANE, John B. LEONARD, Hugh LESSING, Doris SHAKESPEARE, William SOPHOCLES
Circle of Friends (O)
Wuthering Heights (H/O)
The Great Gatsby (H/O)
How Many Miles to Babylon? (O) Sive (O)
Home Before Night (O)
The Grass Is Singing (H/O) Macbeth (H/O)
- One of the texts marked with H/O may be studied on its own at Higher Level and at Ordinary Level.
- One of the texts marked with O may be studied on its own at Ordinary Level.
2. Three other texts in a comparative manner, according to the comparative modes prescribed for this course.
- Any texts from the list of texts prescribed for comparative study, other than the one already chosen for study on its own, may be selected for the comparative study. Texts chosen must be from the prescribed list for the current year.
- At Higher Level and at Ordinary Level, a film may be studied as one of the three texts in a comparative study.